April 2, 2020
Historic Waterfront Facade and Preservation Grant program goes forward.
The Board of Coupeville Historic Waterfront Association understands how difficult things are right now and we are working hard to supply information and opportunities that will be valuable as we get through COVID-19 and look to a brighter future.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5pm – Monday – April 20, 2020
The Façade and Preservation Grant program is very important to Coupeville’s historic waterfront. Our historic building inventory needs constant care. Our intent is to provide those within the historic catchment some financial support as you care for your building. To that end we are offering additional financial support by covering up to 60% of the accepted grant amount in this cycle (previously we only covered 50%).
Building must be located in the “historic catchment” as designated by the Washington Main Street program under the the Washington Department of Archeology and Historic Preservation
Projects include, but not limited to the following:
- Repair and restoration of architectural detail, exterior facades (front, rear and side facades are eligible).
- Exterior Painting
- Cleaning of building exterior
- Masonry work
- Architectural assistance
- Repairing or replacing cornices, entrances, doors, windows, decorative detail, pent roofs or awnings. In the matter of historic materials and/or historic look, CHWA will work with Ebey’s Forever Heritage Grant Program to assure compliance and compatibility.
- Sign removal, repair or replacement.
- Other repairs that may improve the aesthetic quality of the building.
Facelift Improvement Grant: Based upon the CHWA budget, the board will determine the amount available for grants prior to the grant application announcement. Recipients are required to pay for at least 40% of the total cost of the 2020-2021 project. CHWA will pay up to 60%.
While the timing may seem poor, we felt it important to follow through with the Facade Grants. And while we are in a ‘stay at home’ order by Governor Inslee making the right phone calls to contractors is still allowed.
APRIL 20 by 5:00pm – APPLICATION DEADLINE
APRIL 22, 2020 – CHWA COMMITTEE REVIEW
APRIL 24, 2020 – BOARD FOR APPROVAL
APRIL 27, 2020 – APPLICANT ACCEPTANCE
GRANT WORK MUST BE COMPLETED BY APRIL 26, 2021