The Coupeville Historic Waterfront Association is taking applications for their new position of “CHWA Event Coordinator”. ARE YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE? Or is it someone you know?
Applicants should be well versed in all processes and aspects of public event production.
With the right qualifications and a shot of enthusiasm and passion for producing unforgettable events for Coupeville this Historic Waterfront position could be for you. DEADLINE for submitting your cover letter and resume’ Thursday – October 10, 2019 – 5pm (pacific time).
- Proven experience as event coordinator
- A proven track record of organizing successful events
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Knowledge of basic recruitment practices
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Problem-solving ability
This is a contractor position. Compensation will vary through the 4 quarters of each year depending on the number of of event(s) and the event(s) complexity.
Quarter 1 January 1 -March 31
Quarter 2 April 1 – June 30
Quarter 3 July 1 – September 30
Quarter 4 October 1 – December 31
Applicants must be well-organized and competent in vendor management. Good communication skills and attention to detail will set the best among the candidate’s apart. Event Coordinator must have a flexible schedule in order to be present during planning, set-up, day of event(s), and event tear down.
- Understand requirements for each event
- Plan event with attention to financial and time constraints
- Book venues and schedule speakers, performers, guests, etc.
- Permitting: WSLCB, Town of Coupeville, CW Fire Department, Coupeville Public Schools, Insurance, etc.
- Research vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.) and choose the best combination of quality and cost
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations etc.)
- Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Supervise the set-up, running, and break down of the event, identifying and resolving problems.
- Direct and delegate staff and volunteers to ensure successful completion.
- Evaluate event’s success and submit reports, create monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets as required by CHWA BOD
- Marketing event – print and social media content. Working with Webmaster for social media posts. Internal marketing campaigns.
- Budget – approval on developed budget.
Visit the Events link at top navigation bar to peruse events the Coupeville Historic Waterfront produces for our community. NOT ALL events are listed. Other smaller events may pop up each year depending on their purpose to the community and Coupeville Historic Waterfront.