The Coupeville Historic Waterfront Association is seeking a Musselfest Event Coordinator
Our non-profit organization is looking for an event planner or event planning company to organize and execute a successful local festival. This festival show cases all that Coupeville has to offer. We celebrate our local Penn Cove Mussels as we also welcome event-goers to explore and enjoy all of Coupeville’s businesses.
Responsibilities and Duties
The planner will be responsible for representing Coupeville Historic Waterfront Association while organizing all aspects of Musselfest. Including being present for the full event weekend, from set up to take down. The candidate will also be charged with working closely with CHWA’s executive director, CHWA’s board members as well as the leads of the local partners and sponsors of the festival.
– Develops projected budget for approval.
– Works within budgetary framework.
– Selects vendors based on budgetary constraints and/or past experiences.
– Develops actual budget for inclusion in post-event report to CHWA.
– Attend monthly board meetings.
– Commits to dedicated time lines.
– Secures required permits and licenses from the town, county, and state.
– works with the town businesses and organizations to assure their involvement.
– Seeks out new talent and entertainment.
– Acquires a graphic artist to design the current year art work.
– Secures use of streets, parking lots, and town buildings.
– Secure traditional media ( print, radio, TV)
Including press releases.
– Social Media: Updates website. Utilizes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram to promote the event.
– Seeks out, and utilizes cost-effective ways to promote Musselfest.
Develop promotional materials:
– Annual chowder tasting mug
– Annual Festival Poster
– Save the date post card
– website banner
– rack cards
– beer glass art
– ferry posters
– bus ad
– magazine ad
– ferry electronic poster
– t-shirt / merchandise art
– brochure of festival events
Experience in collaborating with a non-profit organization.
Able to trouble-shoot and resolve conflicts while representing the organization.
Experience in planning and organizing promotional materials/working with a graphic illustrator.
Knowledgeable about current social media and web design.
Self-starter who requires little, or no supervision to meet goals.
Experience in creating visually pleasing gathering areas while acknowledging the uniqueness of a small town.
Able to attend community functions to network and identify potential opportunities and volunteer groups.
Prior knowledge of Musselfest and Coupeville Historic Waterfront Association would be helpful.
Deadline: May 8, 2017
Application Procedure. Qualified and eligible employees who wish to apply for this position should send cover letter and resume to:
Coupeville Historic Waterfront Association
PO Box 121
Coupeville, WA 98239.
OR send to: Coupevillehistoricwaterfrontassociation@hotmail.com
All applicants will be contacted no later than May 18, 2017 regarding the status of their application.